Permits and other Documents
Fire Related Installation Permits
At the Fire District Annual Meeting held on March 6, 2006, the voters of the
Tilton-Northfield Fire District voted to adopt:
Therefore, effective June 1, 2006, permits are required for the installation of gas and oil-fired appliances, fire alarm and
sprinkler systems, etc. Application for Permit forms need to be completed and returned PRIOR to the work being started.
Application for Heating Appliance or Fuel Storage Permit
Application for Sprinkler, Fire Alarm, Assembly and Other Permit
Permit Fee Schedule
BURN PERMIT INFORMATION
Fire Permits are required if you want to burn brush or have a camp fire.
HOWEVER, you do NOT need a permit when the ground is snow covered!
Just give the station a phone call at 286-4781 to let us know.
- Permits must be signed by the property owner or by another at least 18 years old with written permission from the property owner.
- Permits can be picked up at either fire station. During weekdays from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, the office staff are authorized to sign burn permits. Come to the Center Street Station in Tilton. After business hours and on the weekends, check at either fire station and the duty crew can issue permits.
- Brush permits are given for 1 day and can only be kindled after 5:00 PM and must be completely extinguished by 9:00 AM. Someone 18 years or older must remain with the brush pile until it is completely extinguished. You can burn brush with a permit during the daytime if it is raining.
- Seasonal permits are given for the calendar year for camp fires. There are two categories depending on size. Look at the Fire Law Brochureto see the definitions. Chimneas also need a fire permit.
- Only brush, no greater than 5" in diameter, and clean wood can be burned. NO OSB, particle board, tires, shingles, painted or stained wood, furniture, trash can be burned. See the DES - No Trash Burning pamphlet.
- Property Owner Permission Form